Thursday, October 27, 2011: thaiWitter 3 RC
The newer version of thaiWitter (known as thaiWitter 3) is almost out
You can download the latest builds at the main Downloads page: http://docs.dt.in.th/thaiWitter/Download
Enable User Stream / Direct API Call in Firefox
Please install the latest thaiWitter Client Extension which now works in thaiWitter beta.
- Fixed many small bugs and lot of stuff.
- Server rewritten in Node.js + Express so very lightweight.
- Live conversation view: new tweets that are relevant to the conversation will now slide into the conversation view.
- Has Logout / Change Account button for re-authentication.
- Has HTTPS thanks to Heroku.
- Can post status updates to Facebook.
- New image upload system. Can now post images to pic.twitter.com. Just drag and drop the images into the text box and send. User interface inspired from @manatsawin’s Twitica Desktop.
- Has the image preview feature, as suggested by @tannce and @icez. (Disabled by default).
- Allows retweeting a retweet when the retweeter is protected, as reported by @PalmZenith.
- When counting tweet text, all URLs will count as 20-21 characters because they will be shortened by t.co. Also each image upload will also count as 21 characters. And URL shorteners are now deprecated and gone.
- Search feature is a more reliable, it now uses OAuth.
- Displays “Twitter is over capacity” when Twitter is over capacity.
- Lists timeline will now include retweets.
- Can now follow/unfollow people/lists in-app.
- Portable version: some common dialog UI adjustments :)
- Portable version: now uses no-remote so you can run multiple instances of #thaiWitter at the same time. Just extract the package somewhere else.
- When opening a new window, the new window’s size will match the size of the old window.
- Too long words will be broken into lines using
- More (or less :P) mobile compatibility. Better touch handling in iOS.
- Username auto-completion using Tab key.
- New notification options.